Monday, September 8, 2014

I have a hard shell, but a soft inside.


Yes, I love to smile. I always try to (fake a) smile even though I'm dying inside. I think this applies to a lot of people out there as well. It's true that faking a smile is much easier than having to explain to others why you are sad. But on the other hand, deep down inside our heart, we actually hope that someone would realize the true-self in us and concern about us. A girl's biggest lie is always "I'm fine" and you have no idea how much we wish that there would be someone who says, "I know you're not. Tell me, what's wrong?

When a girl cries, you must know that she has actually been holding in for a long time and couldn't take it any more that she explodes like a grenade eventually. Girls have hard times too. No matter how strong they seem to be, they always have a weakness - a weakness that will break them down into tiny pieces and it's gonna take a lot of time and effort to put those pieces back together.

I have a hard shell, but a soft inside. I seldom cry in front of my friends and family as I know crying wouldn't help much in any situation. But then, sometimes, all you could do is just ... cry. Sometimes, it feels like a release or relief to cry out loud and to let everything out through your teardrops. After crying, somehow I'll find a solution to that problem. Crying doesn't mean you're weak. It just shows that, after all, you're a human, you have feelings too. It kinda reminds you that even if you don't have anyone beside you, you still have yourself ... you can still cry.  Therefore, it's okay to cry. But, after crying, girls, pick up the broken pieces and stand up to face it all over again. This time you'll come off stronger than before, for sure.

***

"Crying is all right in its way while it lasts. But you have to stop sooner or later, and then you still have to decide what to do." ― C.S. Lewis, The Silver Chair


" ... you know that a good, long session of weeping can often make you feel better, even if your circumstances have not changed one bit." Lemony Snicket, The Bad Beginning


"There you go...let it all slide out. Unhappiness can't stick in a person's soul when it's slick with tears." ― Shannon Hale, Princess Academy